Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Statement of Purpose / Introduction

I am keeping this journal in the hopes that, through recording my thoughts and observations about my tarot cards and readings, I might find myself closer to my inner Self. I would like to have a more open and receptive mind, be more connected with my spirituality, and feel a deeper closeness to the Inner World.

I have been a proud owner of a Tarot deck since I was around 14 or so, in high school. My mother gave me my starter deck, and I have the Everything Tarot Book to help guide me through meanings and interpretations. Only recently have I decided to reconnect with my cards, and I have also decided to find a deck I can connect with on a more personal level. I searched online through an extensive display of Tarot decks, from classic decks like the Ryder-Waite to more new-age modern decks like The Steampunk Tarot. I came across the Crystal Visions Tarot and something kept bringing me back to it's page. I felt a certain "pull" to this deck, and so my husband ordered it for me. It just arrived today. I have it in the packaging in front of me, still unopened.


I want to do it right with this deck. I also want this deck to be for my own personal use, for spiritual growth as well as personal readings. So far I am the only person who has touched the deck in it's manufactured box since it was packaged to ship to me.

The way I am planning to do this, I won't be doing any readings for a while yet with this deck. For now, if I want to do a reading, I will continue to use my starter deck.

I want to study my cards in turn, one at a time. I will write a short blog post about each card as I go. I will start with the Major Arcana, working my way through the cards in numerical order (0-21), then continuing with the Minor Arcana, through Wands, Pentacles, Swords, then Cups. The Minor Arcana I will do in order of King, Queen, Knight, Page, Ace, then 2-10. I will describe the card in detail, every last detail that caught my eye, and my overall feel for each card, as well as my first impressions and thoughts.

As I do this, I will be using my Everything Tarot book to read standard/basic interpretations, noting any differences my first impressions led me to. By the time I have gone through each card in the deck, getting to know each one intimately, I will be ready to begin practice readings. Hopefully throughout my study I will find the methods of shuffling and cleansing that I am the most comfortable with, and I'd like to start noting my personal routines and habits as well.

Today, I will simply hold each card in turn, sort of in a casual greeting. Tomorrow, I will begin my journey more personally. Wish me luck! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment expressing your own thoughts and feelings on the subject; another point of view is always welcome. =)