Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another Dream

I didn't have time today to start up with my in-depth study of the cards. However, I slept with the cards under my pillow again last night, and had another vivid dream! (Here's a link to that specific dream.) This time the dream was entirely about Fear.

I doubt it's coincidence that both nights I had the cards under my pillow, I had vivid dreams. The first dream was very emotional, and by that I mean my emotions were all over the place. I felt so many separate emotions in that dream that I couldn't help but think upon awakening that my subconscious was transferring my thoughts and feelings into the cards. Last night, with the dream being entirely about Fear, I think my subconscious was transferring my hopes and fears into the cards. Although very little did I feel hope during last night's dream...

I told myself when I first got this deck that I was going to sleep with it under my pillow for the first week, specifically for the purpose of transferring my own thoughts and energy to the cards, most specifically the thoughts and energy directly from my subconscious itself. I daresay it's working! I'm looking forward to seeing what kinds of dreams I have the next few nights, although now that I've noticed a pattern it would just be my luck that I won't have any dreams at all now. I should be thankful I was able to be "mentally present" for what transference has already taken place; it lets me know just what parts of me the cards are already in tune with.

Sometimes I forget that this isn't just about me getting to know the cards, but about the cards also getting to know me. Whether or not I dream the next few nights, I know I have already started on a journey that will take me farther than I had imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment expressing your own thoughts and feelings on the subject; another point of view is always welcome. =)